Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Special Exposure / Wordless Weds: Baby Steps Garden

I am excited about having more time to focus on gardening. This year, our community made it easy to try planting a food garden at home. Oh, I had dreams and plans. I bought some supplies at Home Depot, seedlings from the Farmers' Market, and attended the excellent Master Gardeners' presentation at our local library branch.

Then came the end of school. The heat. The badly situated 5 days on vacation. James being sick upon our return. What's left? The convenient hole in what used to be our font lawn, left from a tree that fell over a few years back. Yes sirree, I seized an afternoon to spade up the clay-like soil, amend it, and plant out last few Survivors.

I am happy to say that we have a pumpkin, watermelon, pepper, and some peas clinging to life and making a go of it. The kids are excited to see them slowly taking off, and have been helping me water.


I even bought some sunflowers to cheer them along:


For more images from the heart and to share some of yours,
visit Special Exposure Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Special Needs.
5 Minutes for Special Needs





               and ... Wordless Wednesday

No comments: