Sunday, April 17, 2022

Chores 'n' Stuff

 

So I am ramping up on chores and taking James with me. Room cleaning, dishes in the sink, trash bags out, beds made, floor sweepings, and bathroom cleaning are getting back to a regular schedule. We are even doing some Spring cleanings such as weeding and washing exteriors walls as needed.

I have one big incentive to sweeten the deal: The Internet. If my pep talk gets ignored, the router is shut off. 

It is amazing what can be done in so short a time. It's not just James who benefits from turning off the internet - I get off my screens and start doing more things too.

Occasionally, I will mention it is time to do something, like laundry, and James will get his clothes, toss them in the washer, add detergent, and turn on the machine. When this happens, there's a heavenly chorus, inside my head.

Other incentives are car trips for James. Yesterday, after helping me clean out our car, we went for a drive to the ocean. It was a gorgeous (if windy) Spring day.


No comments: