Friday, April 22, 2022

ABA at Full Capacity

Graphic that shows behaviors analysis
 For the first time in many months, almost a year, James is back at full programming for applied behavioral analysis, or ABA, therapy. It has been so long in fact that I am finding myself having to adjust my schedule to accommodate it. 

For one thing, I will have to up my housekeeping game. The ABA therapists need to have space to work with James. They also will be working with him to make sure he is done his chores in his room and  bathroom, so I need to work more with James to make sure that this goes as smoothly as possible. 

It does have its good side. Right now I am on the back porch looking at the garden and the trees above the creek. 

Even better, I know that James is in good hands and he is interacting with people, which is really what he is enjoying these days - making connections outside his family and getting the chances for new kinds of conversations and playing card games like Uno, Guess in 10, and Would You Rather.

No comments: