Sunday, November 06, 2011

My Autism Team Needs You!

In my previous post, I talked about my experiences with MyAutismTeam.com.

In this one, I am going to post the message that I received a few weeks ago, which is now mirrored on their FaceBook page:

"MyAutismTeam is in search of parents in San Francisco with kids who've been diagnosed with ASD to come to their offices to give in-person feedback about the website. The parents do not need to have any experience with our site at all.

"We are offering free parking, a $50 Amazon gift card and small special gift of thanks.

"Please share with other parents. If anyone is interested, have them write mary@myautismteam.com for details.

"We are scheduling several 1-hour feedback sessions all day Wednesday Nov. 9th and Thursday Nov. 10th between 10AM and 4PM at our offices in San Francisco (at 3rd & Howard nearby SFMOMA)."

Last Thursday I made the trip in to SF and participated in their user test/feedback session. It was fun. You do not have to be a techie to do this. What you do need is to be a user or potential user of their website. They are trying to make this the best tool possible for those of us who care for children on the autism spectrum.

It was great to meet the team again, and I have to say, the gift card did get me excited. Online shopping, just in time for the holidays!

Well, okay. Helping to build a needed online community -- that rocks too!

Laura Shumaker has written about this as well on her blog. Please spread the word and help the team build our community!

No comments: