Monday, June 24, 2019

In Which Little Things Confound

So ... James has been eating less again. During a recent late afternoon treat out for frozen yogurt, he came across ... something in his frozen yogurt. I still don't know what it was, but he is now deeply distrustful of food.

Which makes him cranky, and prone to hanger.

Over the last two days, there have been episodes of throwing food over a fence, eloping, and a whopping loss of control.

James is trying, but school is again hard for him. We have also started ABA services the other three afternoons of the school week, so that is more stress.

I feel discouraged. How I wish we had had some of this help earlier. How I so wish I knew what to do.

Tonight, I just sat down in the hallway to listen to James. After a bit, he sat down too, by me. He kept talking, about past aides who made him mad. About how he doesn't mean to say bad words. How his brain was running around. He still said he was not hungry.

After an hour, I had to get to bed. I told him it was time for bed and that I loved him. I got him into his room. How in the heck is it so hard to get a tall, growing teen boy to eat? I hope we both feel better tomorrow.

No comments: