Friday, June 28, 2019

A Good Day

It's Friday, and I am in Starbucks having computer time, while ABA is going well in a corner, over the ever fascinating iPad. They are taking turns between talking about school, the weekend, TV shows, and playing Angry Birds. Talking about Angry Birds.

Yes, folks, The Angry Birds 2 Movie is coming out this summer, and we are going to see it:
 

James is doing a really good job, not letting the music put him off. It's kind of funk, but I can imagine him worrying it's some kind of rap music, which he does not like, because it's what he hears outside, with really bad language (a trigger) involved.

I got up early this morning and baked scones from scratch, then cleaned the kitchen before calling James. He came out in a good mood and ate four scones and some milk. We kind of joked around until it was time for school. He got ready and caught the bus. Again, he was in a good mood when he got home.

After I got home from work, I reminded him we had ABA and that we needed to go to a Starbucks. He went with a bounce in his step. He recognized the ABA associate (whom he'd met briefly, while really upset) and greeted her. Inside he picked out a table and they got down to it.

I'm thinking how going out for ABA has really helped change the dynamics. It's also helped that the ABA people are committed to working with me to make this work for James. They listened to me when I said there was too much emphasis on talking and answering questions. They listened to my instinct that going to more neutral ground might help.

I just got the day's report from James' teacher. The title reads "Great Day For James!"

Yes, yes it is!

No comments: