Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Point Break

We are taking a break from ABA today. Last night, both James and I were in tears part way through the session. We eventually calmed down and had a good evening, morning and day. It's so frustrating that services that are needed, with such nice people are too much right now.

Some takeaways:

  • James is overwhelmed with verbal interactions. It's pretty quiet at home and he's always had an aide to interpret for him at school and me at home.
  • Because he's stressed (hypervigilant was a recurring term last night), James is not eating, which makes everything worse.
  • I think James also feels like his safe space is being invaded. The ABA folks and I have a Plan for that.
  • James really likes going for car rides. I think it's a great way to literally reset one's head.

No comments: