Friday, February 03, 2012

Feeling Blueish

No special reason, just lots of little or regular things that have been piling up. Now they've got me down. Probably does not help that both kids and husband have been home sick off & on all week. Even cleaning up the dishes feels like a marathon event.

So glad that respite care is here for me this afternoon. So glad that the kids are not dangerously sick and are mostly cheerful. I know I'll have to buckle down and get them somewhat up to speed with all the school they've been missing, but right now I am hiding out, having a coffee, and mentally going "lalalalalalalala" with invisible fingers in my ears.

You know how all those articles and stories tell us to get out and exercise to fire up those endorphins and help us feel better mentally, as well as physically? I am about to try that one out. I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: