Monday, July 22, 2013

Magic Marker Monday: Rainbow Me

I am just now getting around to unpacking James' take-home packet from summer school. There was some good work going on there. I love how James is able to express more and more about what he is thinking. I love seeing his drawings and bursts of colour.

I really like all the information going on in this exercise:

I think it's interesting that he sees himself with brown hair, when I see it as a mix of brown and gold, with some reddish-gold highlights. I am betting the orange food that he loves is cheese puffs. Cheetos, in particular.

The upright bodies, long legs, and explosion of toes tickle me no end. Is that a crown on the right hand figure? His sister is rubbing off on him!


For more great masterpieces or to share some of your own, visit
5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

          Special Needs Blog                  Photobucket

1 comment:

Child Life said...

LOVE the self portrait! The toes and the crown are the best part - my oldest still draws herself wearing crowns (Little brother scribbles them out every chance he gets)

My youngest would agree with James on his food color choice - cheetos, twinkies and maccaroni! ;)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://specialneeds.5minutesformom.com/
http://inthelifeofachild.com