Saturday, September 21, 2019

Saturday Morning Life Snippet

James and I both slept in this morning. Yesterday was ... um challenging. TWO car fails. School bus fu. Work. It was looking for a while that my planned evening out in SF to attend a reunion of the KFOG morning show was going to go down in flames too.

But thanks to some awesome co-workers and my mom, who is awesome too ... plus a good mechanic and respite person with strangely absent traffic ALL the way down to West Oakland (not even on 80 in Berkeley, and I can't remember the last time that happened at 5:30 PM on a weekday) and insane luck of someone pulling out of a parking space in front of me as soon as I entered the BART lot ... I made it! And it was so much fun. I flagged my first Lyft ride and shared with two other Fogheads, who immediately felt like old friends.

Photo courtesy of Renee and Irish Greg's PopUP

So this morning, I am enjoying being where I am. I played with the cat, made scones, watered the plants, sat in the sun with my morning coffee and enjoyed it being the weekend, which includes chatting with James when he got up. He is puzzled at this thing called 10@10, which is grooving from my laptop, but willing to humour me. It's fun to remember who I was and to be a bit of the person again with James. It's fun to remember a time when life was easier and bring that a bit into the present.

No comments: