Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Randomness & an RIP

I remember being an Art Major in 1986, looking at a Macintosh and wondering "how do I use this?" I was certain I would never use a computer. I didn't want to. Flash forward 10 years and I am looking at a colourful, inviting desktop and wondering "where's the C:/ drive?" Laughing like crazy when someone shows me how to make the Big Electric Cat belch.

Skip ahead six more years and I'm posting an update to our website as I headed out the door to deliver our first child, and timing contractions two years after that for my second on the internet, at some stopwatch site I'd Googled.

I've been working mostly on Macs since 1996 and they have widened my horizons. When his grandmother first got an iMac, James found PhotoBooth and all the special features,taking pictures  almost immediately. He was 5. I use iTunes for music, watching movie trailers with my husband as a mini date night, and can easily create custom CD mixes for my daughter, who needs her special songs to lull her to sleep. Hello Skype for all our long-distance relatives!

We've seen every Pixar movie made, and love them all.

What would our world have been like, without Steve Jobs?

Rest in Peace, Steve. You have lived a real life and changed the world. And made many of us proud to "Think Different," even before some of us heard about Special Needs for our children.

Apple's home page on October 5, 2011

No comments: