Friday, March 12, 2010

Transitional IEP

Today brought something I'd been hearing about for the past 2 years: James' Transitional IEP as we start planning in earnest for Kindergarten this coming Fall. Compared to some other things we'd been through, it was mild and not the big verklempt moment that I'd been expecting. I am assuming now that will start hitting me mid-April, as we begin to prepare for James to leave his loving little preschool environment and head out into the larger waters of KinderOcean.

It helps that the meeting was held at the school my daughter currently attends, and that it looks as though services will be maintained in a full-inclusion environment. Although nothing can be finalized until all forms are completed, signed, and triplicated with blood offerings. Made that last part up -- I think.

What a difference between then


and now

surf is up

No comments: