Friday, March 26, 2010

New Words, More James

New this week from James (to his sister): "Go away. Is MINE!"

And when his sister wrestles with him to move him or remove something of hers from his grasp: "No. Stop it. Heeeeeep! My arm! I hurting!" (whether or not his arm is involved or anywhere near being hurt)

When he sees me at the second school for the afternoon pickup, his face really lights up and he runs and LEAPS into my arms, crying "Mommy! Mommy-Mommy-Mommy!!!!"

And in the backyard, to his sister: "Hey, Come on! Let's go onna swing!" They both love the 2-seater swing. Too bad the bolts are shaking loose -- yikes!

James volunteers information when riding in the car now: "O'ver dere -- is David's house." "I see a tree." "Hi, moo-cow! I see you!"

He picks out his clothes, helps clean up after dinner, and helps pick things up off the floor. He also has strategies for when he doesn't want to do something. The first is usually "I go to the bathroom!" (because he knows we are keen on potty training; the little stinker!). The other method is to pretend to fall on the floor (crying "I go to sleep now!") onto his tummy and snore.

He wants to go for walks. He will now play out back by himself and talk to the neighbours through the fences. If I am working too long in the home office, he comes in to find me for a quick hug.

We have had quite a week!

No comments: