Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Dining Out Becomes the Hot Seat

A few weeks back we our temps hit the hundreds, which is pretty danged hot for our area. We do not have a/c in the new place, so James and I supported a local restaurant by doing some early patio dining.

We wore masks until it was time to drink and eat. For most of the meal, we were alone. Then the few other available tables filled. Inevitably, someone brought their dog to dine out with them. Two, this particular evening.

WHY?

So James noticed right away and started getting nervous.

I get both his reactions and the presence of the dog. I grew up with dogs. I've been bitten by a strange German Shepherd dog that came out of nowhere and almost caused me to get rabies shots until the person "watching" the dog came forward. I learned to recover my confidence around dogs. James and countless others like him have not.

Dogs are the new kids. I am pretty sure, however, that there was a "no dogs on the patio" sign at the restaurant.

We were suddenly in the hot seat. I made the call to box up our stuff to go. I get tired of this.

PS: The food was delicious.

No comments: