Friday, July 27, 2018

All Points Between

I am so busy. Trying to work full time. Driving places: Boys and Girls Club, Dr. Appointments, shopping, and so many other inter-related things. Prepping for school in another district. Taking a breath for buying school clothes. Health issues. More health issues. Life and death issues. Cleaning the cat box.
Fireflies image ... from the Smithsonian Magazine
Every time I turn around, something to clean or fix or take care of.

I feel like a whole bunch of quarks (also known as hadrons), filling the gaps of all these thing, trying to keep things from breaking apart. I imagine this looking like fireflies, blinking on and off. If feels like oozy jam.

The last few weeks, Fridays took me by surprise. Already? Fridays never used to take me by surprise.

Taking a few hours to sit with James is restful. Petting the cat. Making a crock pot recipe. Watering the plants. Stealing a day on the river. Picking wild blackberries. This is how I slow down.



No comments: