Saturday, April 07, 2012

SOOC Saturday: Spring

The rains are easing up. We have sun shine by day and frost happens some nights. An hour before dawn, the roar of a dozen prop engines roar to life to protect budding grape vines and wake us up. The kids get excited about Easter eggs. It's Spring!

Our cherry tree out back is in bloom. Despite the drought and severe pruning of last year, it picked a great time to blossom out and looks to be in good shape. I am fascinated with the petals and starting to dream about cherries in another 6 weeks.



I glanced out the window one evening while preparing dinner and saw this sky.
I shot out the back door to grab these pics.
The kids are used to Mom chasing a photo op.








And here are a few from James' class party. I used the magic lens for some of the egg shots.




Eggs in the carton, with magic lens.
I stripped the colour from the one above. Not sure which one I prefer.

All Spring, straight-out-of-camera. "Hoppy" to participate in the SOOC action at Marvelous Mommy's blog. Come on over to see more or join in!

1 comment:

XmasDolly said...

Such wonderful pictures you have shared with us. I love this time of year. I was just saying that we went for a walk today and we saw bushes & trees budding and tulips. Everywhere you look tulips & some lilac bushes. Just beautiful. I miss coloring eggs. My four kids are grown & I have nine grandkids, but they stay hone & do their coloring. Once in a while I get one to stay with me & we'll do it, but it's been a long time. HAPPY EASTER.,