Sunday, April 14, 2019

Unique Peek At Language Skills

James scripts. Sometimes it's a conversation that incorporates YouTube videos and memories from 6 years back. His inner dialogue can come right out his mouth for multiple people - kind of like my brother and I each re-enacting entire Monty Python skits at the breakfast table, but much more mysterious and Dada-esque.

And lately, James has started mixing Spanish into his scripting. Appropriate use of words too.



It started when he was walking from the car to the apartment, and someone let their dog run around the property behind our parking space. It made James very nervous, to hear it racing around, barking. I heard about the darned perro running around afuera.

He will also try and drop numbers in Spanish into a conversation. He is fascinated with the teen numbers. Even though he asks me every time, he knows the proper name for the proper number.

Every now and then I will drop a few phrases in French. He likes to practice Bon Jour and Mercie.

I love this guy.


No comments: