Friday, May 21, 2010

Preschool Teardown

Today I had my last regular progress meeting with James' preschool speech and language teacher. We covered his IEP goals and progress to date, as well as discussed how far he's come and what our plans were for the summer. I got weepy.

Especially after that, when I stopped by to say hello to his teacher at her classroom on her prep day. She was dismantling the classroom. How symbolic. Yes, there is one more week of school and yes, he will be doing a month of summer school. Not to sound too angst-y, but things will never be the same after this.

We are all moving on, moving up. I know this is a good thing. We've so worked and prayed and celebrated James making progress, and we want it to continue. But this was the start of James at school, and we've been with this program and these teachers for two and a half years.

I look back at pictures of James from soon after he started preschool to recent snaps. Such big differences, and he is ready for more. Here I am, coming to grips with the fact that things will be changing and gearing up to get up to speed with a new program and work with new teams.
James in 2008

James in 2010

No comments: