Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Special Exp./ Wordless Wednesday: Swinging the Other Way

James loves to swing now

James used to scream if we tried to get him on or near anything that swung.

When he was a baby, I used to be able to swing him in the bucket seats no problem.

Somewhere around age 18-24 months, swinging became an act of torture for James. He was terrified of losing control and contact with solid ground, I think. The OTs, his Dad, and I tried everything we could think of to coax him onto something, anything that moved. Sometimes we had a little luck with him sitting on a lap while the lap was on a beam. Oddly enough, he loved sneaking into my home office and so he could sit on my chair and twirl himself around.

Swinging has swung back into the fun zone

I think James has swung back to enjoying the ride. Vestibular issues are a mystery to me!

For more great images or to join in the fun, Visit Special Exposure Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Special Needs.
5 Minutes for Special Needs
and ... Wordless Wednesday

1 comment:

Ashley's Mom said...

I love that swing! Where did you get it?

Your son looks to be having so much fun!