- James is responding well to prompts that get him to say phrases. Occasionally, he'll pop out with one on his own. Usually "Wanna 'atch Tho-mas" and "Issa ball!" He is digging Thomas the Tank engine (really the songs) and playing with practice golf balls (PGBs).
- Playing in the sink! With salad tongs! And water! And many PGBs! And foam numbers! Literally: lather, rinse, repeat.
- Working on scissor skills. I never knew how fascinating he'd find this -- thank you, thank you, SHAPE assistant!
- Big thing: Oh, and we really might qualify for respite care and get some this summer? Where can I kiss your feet? Little thing that's really big: OMG, my husband and I can, like, go out and just look at each other and hear *nothing* -- yippee!
- James picked out the green striped shirt, not the orange one. Not hesitation, no reconsideration.
- Last, but not least: we hatched a tadpole into a frog and released him out back, under a full moon! Neil Armstrong would have liked this audience.
Biggest thing in my universe this morning: first time James said "Aihhhh yuv oo" to me when I went to get him up.