Saturday, January 26, 2019

Multiple Personality Tasking

I have been saying for a while that I love pretty much everything I am doing in my life: being a mom, working full time at my current job, spending time with family for major life events, engaging with the public schools system, and finding out more about autism and thinking of ways to improve services and resources for those dealing with it.



What's stressing me the heck out is the constant need to be in multiple places at the same time. It's usually at least three. Sometimes it's all the above stuff, but mostly it's the mix of my life underneath: clean the house, focus on finances, single parenting, gratitude on the go, trying to find a place of my own in an area that has had a huge chunk of affordable housing destroyed in a fire, the need to slow down and exercise, legal issues tied to autism, chasing down services for my kids, trying to plan for the future, keeping the car running.

Then there's the me-me stuff: reading, making things (anything, from writing letters, to taking photos or making images for display, printmaking, cooking, and imagining), re-connecting with friends,  meditation. Grieving.

I am not just multi-tasking, I am multiple personality tasking. And I now need to add another thing: simplify what I can, because the weeks are blurring past and I am tired.

No comments: