Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Basic Holiday Fun

Halloween morning. It's after breakfast, the TV is off, the kids are literally bouncing around (love that indoor trampoline) yet I am still struggling to reach full awake status. What to do ...

Make cards!

We broke out our economy pad o' construction paper (big back to school sale at Target), scissors, crayons, sparkle pen, FREE stickers from Trader Joe's (just when I think I could not love them more!) and adhesives (both tape and glue stick). Result: almost 45 minutes of colourful fun:
James' card is the green one on the left.

Here is the inside of his card:
I traced his pumpkin and them helped him cut it out. I offered him the scissors in between his left & right hands and he chose his right. Yes, I am still obsessing -- shhhh! James wrote his name with crayon on the right.

Here is our collection of spooky creations:

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday creations!

Special Needs Blog Photobucket
  

1 comment:

Childlife said...

These are wonderful! James did such a nice job with the cutting and writing his name. My little guy still hasn't made up his mind if he's a righty or lefty either -- he seems quite content switching back and forth whenever it suits him :) Happy MMM!

~Michelle