Monday, June 20, 2011

Magic Marker Monday: Club Summer

Summer is here! Even though James is at summer school through early July, the afternoons and evenings are warm, long, and lazy. Time to break out the tents and do some indoor camping (about all I can handle right now)!

Last night I heard singing and merriment. Our Direct TV hard drive died, so there's even less TV than usual going on. I love what happens when they go out and make their own entertainment.

I went to investigate and found:

There was a flashlight! a circus act with Minnie Mouse! and a kind of comic opera vignette about a private detective, who sang about her work and finding things!

A peek inside, once the clubhouse kids took a break:

Ah! Flashylight and mermaid!


The rest of the circus performers, on loan from Disney!

Materials:

Plus tent, plus imagination!

Even though it was James' sister's idea, James participated whole-heartedly, and even became the audience, clapping away and saying "Wow, that's Great!" I love it that he can now play with his sister like this. And I am happy for his sister, who often wishes for someone to play with her. I notice his name even made it on the clubhouse this year -- that's a milestone!

The kicker: this morning the clubhouse was cleaned, almost before breakfast; ready for more adventures.


For more great masterpieces or to share some of your own, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket
  

1 comment:

Childlife said...

Can't tell you how this post made me smile! We have indoor camping adventures too -- they're great! I just loved the clubhouse sign all of their creative play. A comic opera -- how fabulous is that?!? :)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN