Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Spy ... a Pigsty

There are days when I feel like I am running all day after the kids, trying to clean up after them (and their disasters), or overseeing their efforts to pick up after every meal or play session. There are even rare days when I can just about break even (those are probably the days spent largely outdoors).

But mostly? Our family room and the kids' bedrooms resemble the Real Life version of I Spy:


You know -- it started out as a clever series of books. It's probably a game on CD ROM or an iPhone app by now ...
 


And James is really liking the books right now. It lets him practice things he's covered in school, like colours, numbers, and names of objects. When he's gotten frustreated adn ripped off covers of some of his board books (and eaten them) ... the I Spy books escape mauling (knock wood).
"Who me? Harm a book? Naaaahhh!"


I like these books because they are great resources for getting James to talk with me. He related to a lot of the exciting objects in the books. If only he related to cleaning them up and putting them away on his own in the Real Life version ...

1 comment:

KDL said...

Boy do I relate...our daughter's room doubles as a guest room and we recently had an overnight guest with not much notice. After I picked him up at the airport and brought him to our house I spent two hours just cleaning the floor up in her room so it would be decent. yuck. I'm trying to keep it up since we have more and more guests coming in the next few weeks. So the mess has migrated to the twins' room instead. erg.