Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Evening: Epilogue

I've spent a good six hours today on cleaning & organizing James' room. Outside, it's still pretty much pouring down rain constantly, same as yesterday ...

Had a Jonas afternoon (see Anne Shirley) -- 2 respite care workers showed due to agency miscommunication. James howled and would not be consoled for almost half an hour (and he is a 2 minutes and done kind of guy). In the middle of trying to sort out the workers and calm James, the phone rang -- the MIND Institute was calling for some follow-up questions. I did answer them and put in our names for the next phase, which has just been funded.

Sorted out the respite care (for now) and finally was able to go back to James' room. I haven't spent time organizing and deep cleaning it since he moved to a big boy bed, 2 years ago. Ow. Lots to do. Once I got started, it was hard to stop. I ended up moving out 3 boxes of baby & outgrown things (sniffling all the way), tossing a big bag of trash, bagging up some outgrown things for his old preschool (lord knows we've used plenty of school things in our time), and moved around his furniture so that he now has a play area and can reach and put back his toys. He seemed fascinated.

Added bonus: he pooped in the toilet for me!!!!!

I do wish my headache would go away, though. Meanwhile, James is off to bed in his newly clean and organized room (clean sheets and all). Off to have some quality time with my daughter as I put her to bed. We already made up some new stories for Danger Mouse and Roger Rabbit. They involved lots of high-jinx and mayhem. I love happy endings!

No comments: