Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ready To Go ... Well, Some of Us Are


James emerged out of his room at 3:30 this morning and loudly announced that he was ready to go to school today. Oh, don't I wish!

His sister's been sick while I've been trying to help them both finish up Valentines for their classes, do some web work, and finalize an update presentation for another website that I am supposed to present to a Board tomorrow.

Between the two of them, I was routed out of a sound sleep at 11, 3:30, 4:30, and 5:50. It's like they can smell me heading for a work-related deadline with important meetings ahead.

I know the kids can't plan ahead and deliberately get sick just when I really need them not to, but dang -- I am getting tired of this! Seems like it's been the story of my life since we moved up here, 7 years ago. Even though I had to leave my job, there is still work to be done. And in this economy with our income slashed in half, every bit of contract work I can get done is a very good thing for us indeed.

No comments: