Saturday, November 15, 2014

Planning the Holiday Avalanche Campaign, 2014

Thanks to The Peaceful Mom for inspiration
Well, the IEP, Walkathon, Book Fair, School Photos, Halloween and first report cards are now behind us. Time to seriously get thinking about the holidays. Yes, I have become that person out of necessity. Especially now that I working full time again, and have to deal with Winter Break coverage for the kids.

Who collectively have birthdays right before and after Christmas and New Years. Well planned ...not!!

I have counted my PTO and booked it all away ... praying no one gets sick before then. I should be able to spend a good chunk of time with the kids over the hols this year. Trying to figure out childcare that last week between  the time our wonderful regular care person goes home for the holidays and the kids are off and I can start taking time to be with them is going to be a bit tricky.

I have started research for holiday and birthday gifts. It's looking like they've way outgrown their older bikes, so it might be time for some bigger ones. I have lots of ideas for James' older sister. For James, however, it can be a challenge to find something fun that he will enjoy that is NOT an electronic game or device.

So far, I am looking at all things I Spy, as it's high on his interest radar, helps his vocabulary and interpersonal play/communication, and has gift-worthy items that are not limited to books or electronic games.

James likes music so much that I'd like to get him some kind of music player ... preferably one that does not involve too much money and survive his inquisitive nature (he likes to disassemble things).

While James did love building and playing with the marble run a few years back, it was difficult to keep set up and the pieces started disappearing, so no LEGOS or little do-hickey play kits. Although these Squiz tempt me into thinking this might be something he'd enjoy playing with, and help his finger fine motor skills. Likewise, the Squap, which he could play with family or friends, even indoors.

I dunno .. open to suggestions here!


No comments: