Monday, July 21, 2014

Undone By One Piece

So James and I are now both sick with a head cold. I *finally* found a way to get him his OTC cold meds & melatonin that will help him get to sleep and rest through the night (which gives me a chance to recover too). Now I am trying to keep him from being on an electronic device all day while I limp through some chores and try to rest.

The usual good solution, working on a puzzle, resulting in a whining stint because (horrors) ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE IS MISSING! He's put this puzzle together many times. I have no clue where that missing piece is. The puzzle came from the Dollar Store, so it's unlikely it's still in stock.

On a whim, I Googled "Missing Puzzle Piece" and ... wowsers - multiple web pages, two with links to the jigsaw doctor, who replaces missing pieces for a fee. Um ... no.

Usually James is very good about putting his puzzles away, so I really I hope I find that blasted piece.  I will probably end up making a new piece, the way his Dad did when he obsessed over the alphabet puzzle and THE LETTER U WAS MISSING.

Meanwhile, we played the SpongeBob Memory Game until James called a break.



I so want a nap now.

No comments: