Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Special Exposure / Wordless Weds: Rides

James did something new at the County Fair this year - rides!

In previous years, he'd frantically tell me "No, I don't wanna!" The noise from both the rides, their soundtracks, and their passengers, combined with the excessive motion, were a big sensory overload for him. He'd watch from the Midway for a while, once he was assured he didn't have to get too close to an attraction.

The biggest thing was he volunteered "I want to ride on the caterpillar." Wow. I took James on Big Thunder once (at his request - he loves trains and everyone else was going on it) and had to physically restrain him from jumping off the whole way.


It set a new tone for enjoying the rides this year, and I took a few pictures to celebrate:








Even better? Because we got in free by doing contest entries, I had that money to buy lots of ride tickets!


For more images from the heart and to share some of yours,
visit Special Exposure Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Special Needs.
5 Minutes for Special Needs





               and ... Wordless Wednesday

No comments: