Saturday, June 29, 2013

Magic Marker Monday: Keeping Busy

We've all been lying low, as there's a bug that keeps going around. Last week it was croup. This week it's a quick but deadly stomach flu. I am a hot, sleep-deprived mess, the kids have been wretched, and my husband's staggering.

Today, James took a turn for the better. He even announced it clearly as he came out of his room at 6:30 this morning, waking his tormented sister. He really was very good, trying to entertain himself like I've never seen before as he had a turn as the most energetic human in the house.

Case in point: he asked for paper and I pointed him in the right direction. A few minutes later, he came back with writing, math, and drawing pages. I am so excited! This was all on his own initiative. I had fun talking them over with him.

All by himself, he spelled "Caillou Book," adding a smile to show he likes it and an arrow.
MUGS is from my other life, where it stood for "Maskmakers' User Group Symposium."
Say that one three times fast!

We went over his math sheet together: 1 + 2 = 3; 1 + 3 = ...
"no, no, Mommy. I crossed it out! It's really 4;"  and 2 + 3 = 5

And my favourite: "The Unicycler!"
How he came up with this, I have no idea.
I am glad that James is keeping busy, and that he can make things that we can use for interactions. I keep looking at the unicycle picture. I am sure there's a story in there somewhere.

For more great masterpieces or to share some of your own, visit
  5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

               Special Needs Blog            Photobucket
 

1 comment:

Child Life said...

So creative! My favorite is the unicycler too. You both did a great job with the math while feeling so low - lol! Hope all is much, much better this week!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

http://specialneeds.5minutesformom.comhttp://inthelifeofachild.com