Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First Group Swim Lesson

What's new and exciting this week? Well, for starters:


For the first time, James is in a group swim lesson, just like his big sister has been doing for years!

While James still has trouble focusing, keeping both hands on walls, and putting his head close to the water, he's also more game to try things than a lot of first timers. Here he is, kicking on a board on his tummy ...

... and his first attempt on his back:

Looks like he's off to a good start!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck to James! I used to love to swim and I think it is such an important thing to learn.

SoCo mom said...

I agree with you. We live near a big river and love to visit the beach. Knowing how to swim and be safe in and around water is very important!

I am trying to get back to lap swimming too. So far, I can manage water aerobics -- but lap swimming is my goal!