Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Magic Marker Monday: Saying "Thank You"

Last month, I decided it was time for James to send a thank you card to his godmother, for a nifty little personalized license plate she sent him for his beloved bike. Because he loves riding, steering, and pretending to drive anything with a motor, I thought a personalized card might be nice. Also, it gave James a focus for about 15 minutes.

Here he is, holding his card. He helped me pick out the colours and glued down some of the shapes, once I'd cut them out. Elmer's Glue, scissors, and a pad of coloured construction paper = awesomeness. I had to watch the pens like a hawk because James is still wanting to write on any surface that sits still for 10 seconds.

He wrote "THANKS, ❤ JAMES" inside with just a little help. Then he covered it with marker kisses. I broke down and bought the markers with alphabet letter stamps on one end and symbols on the other. They are so totally fun to play with.

For more great masterpieces or to share some of your own, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket
 

2 comments:

KDL said...

I insisted on my daughter writing her own thank you notes for her birthday presents this year. It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. Nice job, James!

Childlife said...

That smile says it all! He did such a lovely job on his card -- nice work, James!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN