Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday: Environment

Finally, after rain, clouds, grey, snow, and more cold rain, we are getting bursts of warm Spring weather. Back in January I invested in a beautiful pair of loppers are went to work pruning trees, bushes, and vines. These things combined resulted in our going bonzo with new growth. The windstorms mean that leaves and debris are everywhere.

I have been working to clean the yards (front and back) for the kids' playing area, and for our own enjoyment. Yesterday, James came out and "helped" me rake. He gave it a good 5 minutes before heading off to swing in the newly uncovered play area out back.

The "before" pics were unremarkable, so I'll show you some of the our yard as it is now, after several hours, days, and minutes of work. Enjoy!

Part of our outback:


My son, raking for the good of the environment!


Our plum tree was about 3 weeks ahead of it and got blasted by rain, sleet, hail, and overnight freezes; all the blossoms were stripped off PDQ and now only a few branches have leaves ... The cherry tree is blooming at just the right time, and full of snow white blooms. I am dreaming of early summer cherries:


James thinks the few falling petals are snowflakes!


The grape vines are leafing out, which makes it easy for me to spot the ones I missed clipping out of the nearby trees ...


"Say 'cheese,' Mommy!"


Look at how full this bin is! I even smooshed it down a couple of times so more could fit inside:


Thank you, helper James!


What is your mission? Read and be inspired at Tackle It Tuesday on 5 Minutes for Mom. Post your own story to share with other Tacklers.

No comments: