Monday, February 14, 2011

Magic Marker Monday: Art on the Go

Last week, James' sister began taking group piano lessons after school. It's at James' campus, so I end up doing an hour's loop of school pickups and then back where I started to sit with James in a classroom while his sister learns about the piano and music. Snack time is in the car, and James got antsy watching the group, not understanding completely why he could not be there too (at this point, it's a money thang, we hope he'll get started on the piano soon too).

I ended up sitting with him in a corner of the classroom. Luckily I'd brought a small pad of paper and a pen. We started out practicing numbers and letters:


Then moved on to my drawing pictures. I started labeling them and then James wanted to write their names, writing as I dictated (he requested the fire engine and spent a lot of time on that page). I was so proud of how much he could do -- my guy who could not even write at the beginning of this year!

I love how he's signing his name now too:


For more magic or to join in the fun, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket

1 comment:

Childlife said...

WOW! Seems like every week his letters are getting better and better -- wonderful work, James!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN