Monday, February 14, 2011

Ever Have A Few "One of Those Days"?

I lost the bag of small candies that were going on some class Valentines, but I found the remote control that's been missing for over a week. It was up in a dish cupboard, hidden in a mixing bowl. Um, Okay ... perque demande perque? It's just a symptom of what's been happening around here lately.


We had a great start to making class Valentines. Then my daughter came down with the flu and James was channeling his Inner Tigger. I had work to do on 2 websites, a report to write, and lots of email to keep things rolling. Thank goodness my husband could take him out for several hours yesterday, school is back in session, and my mom has kindly offered to care for my sick one for a large part of today.

Every 2 minutes, someone was either calling for Mommy or calling on the phone. Every night, I'd get rousted out of sleep an average of 3 times. Which means don't interrupt me as I go on Zombie Mom Autopilot, or we'll be eating socks and sorting mac & cheese ...

I haven't gone to the gym because I've got cuts on my feet (don't ask). My body has seized this opportunity to embrace entropy. So I try getting in some exercise at home and take a shower, only to find out that the showerhead should not be used until it gets cleaned and a new filter installed (no, don't ask about that one either).

I got a lovely new lopper and used it abundantly. Now I need to keep stuffing our green bin for over the next few weeks. Oh, and surprise! Now we're suddenly in Rain Mode for just that time frame. But it does smell good outside. However, because I dropped my son off in all this aquatic renewal (aka: rain), I need to get a different coat and shoes (oh, and pants too) to wear to an advisory board meeting.

As for those candies ... do the kids really need more sugar? Oh wait! Extra individually packaged jellied candies leftover from Christmas! Never mind, I'm good to go.

No comments: