Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Magic Marker Monday: Drawing Numbers

James' urges to play with coloured markers on a large pad of paper have cooled. His new interest is something he called Doing Homework. I know! Go figure.

I am not complaining. It's great that's he's so engaged in doing his classwork. His aide says she uses it both as an incentive to complete tasks while in class and as a focussing activity for the times that he's bouncing around (literally).

What makes me think of Magic Marker Monday is the care James puts into his work. In fact, he calls it Drawing My Numbers. His pencil grip and fine motor coordination have improved immensely since school began.

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket
  

1 comment:

Childlife said...

James' numbers truly are works of art! I'm so glad you thought to include them in Magic Marker Monday -- makes my week! Keep up the great work, James!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild.com