Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"B" is for Buddy

James is feeling chummy this afternoon. He had a substitute aide today unexpectedly, but weathered it very well. They were good buds by the end of the day. After I picked him up, James asked to play on one of the playground structures with a score of other kids. He climbed confidently all over and took a ride down the slide. When he was done, he came over to me, exclaiming "You're here!"

On the way home, he embraced each and every stop sign that we passed, looking up at the sky and laughing at it. We looked for cats and found our number at the mailbox station, so we could pick up our mail.

Now we are in his room, geeking out together. "Mommy, you come stay here with me?" Of course I will! He's either snuggling next to me or on his Leapster 2; I've got my laptop fired up:

He's sure having fun trying to talk with me:
-- "Deeeear Santa. Whatchyou want for Christmas on the ceiling?"
-- "My Diego Go (game) is here!" and
-- "Mommy, 'b' is for bird bikes."

"B" is also for buddy, whom I love.

No comments: