Saturday, July 03, 2010

SOOC Saturday: The Last Day

The last day he is going to run out of the house to catch the bus, looking like this:

The last school morning I will be greeted by this parked out front:


The last morning I'll watch him say hi to his buddy, then race laughing to the end of the bus for the driver to catch him and help buckle him in his seat; the last time hearing the nice driver telling James to wave hi to Mommy ...

The last wave goodbye, throwing kisses all the way:

The last time down the street ...

The last turn around the corner, heading off to the last morning of preschool:

James almost didn't make it up the stairs and on the bus -- because up in the sky, just behind the bus, was this:

We'll see that one again, at least!
(told you I would be a mess as we wound up James' preschool era)

The Slurping Life is off to a great start for the July 4th weekend. Visit Melody and check out SOOC Saturday/Sunday entries past & present. No cropping or fixing -- it's life, straight out of the camera.


SOOC Saturday


  

7 comments:

rickismom said...

It's hard to imagine ANY kid getting on the bus with such a sight in back!

robin said...

Aaawww! Those are such sweet pictures! I'd be looking up at the balloon too!

My kids always wanted to ride the bus (but we lived in a part of town in which the schools weren't the best so I put them in private school and drove them back and forth each day instead.) My kiddo starts kindergarten in the fall and will be there all day (I'm already feels sad and it's not even time, lol!)

Courtney said...

What a sweet post! Great shots!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

oh my
I love those pictures and the story
SO heart rending endings are no ?
Love the hot air balloon
the vividness of the blue in your first picture took my breath away

Tara R. said...

I got a little choked up here... such a sweet photo post. The hot air balloon was a lovely farewell on the last day of school.

Lisa said...

Awwww incredibly sweet!
My throat was lumped up reading this and I know exactly how you mean!

He is sooo sweet, and so are you as a mom for understanding these moments!

Hugs,
Lisa

Wendy said...

The balloon just makes it perfect. So sweet, all of it.