Monday, July 12, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Digging the Pad

I am always looking for new things that can engage James in creative ways. Sometimes I forget how satisfying a really big pad of paper on the ground can be. With crayons and pencils (of which we have dozens).

James carefully got out the pad and neatly extracted the crayons from their box. I think he just loved having all that paper to flip and decorate at once. Big drawing pads are fabulous:

We had circles, lines, and outlines of James' hand. He got excited and did shorter lines with dots. He called out colours and shapes. I noticed he drew using his right hand, then changed over to his left:

Further proof that getting there is half the fun. He also got a kick out of putting everything carefully away. This is new. I like it!

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.
Special Needs Blog Photobucket
  

2 comments:

Lindy said...

That smile! Says it all ;) Looks like fun -- I always forget about simple fun like giant drawing pads too. Thanks for the reminder, James!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

KDL said...

putting it all away? Wow. That is something I haven't been able to instill in my kid yet...soon I hope.