Monday, June 14, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Blue

I finally opened the bag containing James' last pieces of artwork from his preschool. I cried. It's almost as bad as sorting the outgrown clothes out of his closet. After seven years, you think I'd have learned to deal a bit better. But I digress.

The colour of the month was blue. I like how James got to try various media with one colour. I have the car in several colours. He likes the red one best so it's still up on his wall.

I like Seeing the dot and painting streaks on the car. James had a bit of fun there. This is great because when he first started preschool it was a real struggle to get him to make dots with the big Bingo markers -- even with someone's hand guiding him. I think the blue car will go up on the wall too.


The birds are quirky -- they have personality. For the first time, I see 2 shades of a colour on a project -- interesting! And I like how they kept the blue bird theme but changed the paper colour and detailing. James loves to glue things down now. I am pretty sure he had some help with the eyes though. I remember his Picasso Bear ...

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket

  

2 comments:

KDL said...

Study in blue. Lovely. I have piles of my kid's art from KG that I have to sort through and (gulp) narrow down to the keepers. It is hard for both of us. I'm never sure what's most important to her. She gets tired of helping me sort through them all. I live in fear that I will dispose of something she truly treasures...and all heck will break loose. I wish I had a better system for handling it all...especially since next Fall I'll add two more piles to my problem when her siblings start preschool.

Lindy said...

I love the blue! It does look like he had a lot of fun with these too -- all the dots look so happy :) Way to go, James!

Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild.com