Monday, May 17, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Paints

Lately I've noticed a big difference with James' paint technique. He's gone from using his fingers and wiping them on his shirt to being able to hold a paint brush and use it correctly on the paper.


I notice that the hand that is not working gets drawn back behind his body. Sometimes in a fist and sometimes palm up, fingers semi-folded. I have been trying to help him place this hand on the table or paper, to provide stability. Sometimes the hand gets moved to the seat of the chair, and sometimes it remains on the paper.

Look at this -- I am so proud. He knows what colors he wants and where. James has painted a jazzy moose book, and I love it!

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for to explore and share in Magic Marker Monday.


Special Needs Blog Photobucket

2 comments:

VMI said...

I am impressed with James' concentration with the project. Good work!

Child Life said...

James! Such amazing work!

It just makes my week to see James' progress from week to week :)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild.com