Monday, May 10, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Magnificent

Last week, James showed off some new, subtle skills during a craft project. He held his marker correctly, and knew what he wanted to do with it. Both of these things are new for me to see him do.


In honour of Mothers' Day week, the letter they  were learning was "M". Of course they got to colour it with markers. James felt the green one would be great. The only thing I did was help him pop off the cap. He looked excited to start the project, instead of his usual dreamy/thoughtful "don't really care" look.


And instead of wild circles that roared off the paper onto the table top or a hailstorm of frenetic dots, James decided to have fun tracing his hand. All by himself.


He enjoyed playing with what kind of lines he could make, and he tried to stay inside of the M outlines. Again, this is new stuff for him.
 

Marker tattoo lines? Cooooool!

As for me, I got a whole bunch of Mothers' Day presents early by just watching him that morning. Way to go, Buddy!

PS: We have exactly the same kind of hands. Comes from my father. How amazing is that? (Hint: very; can't tell you why)


Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.


Special Needs Blog Photobucket

  

3 comments:

monica said...

How lovely Mother Day gifts that day and how proud of him you are! He is so cute! He did a great job of tracing his hand! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mary said...

I love hand print tracings, although my husband freaks out a bit when anyone draws on their hands because the ink might get absorbed into the skin or something (but shh don't tell him that our 14 month old likes marker tattoos already!)

I bet you were very proud of all the firsts - very exciting!

Child Life said...

Such great work, James! :D

Hand tracings always make me smile -- among my favorites of Mother's Day mementos.

So glad to see you both had such a lovely Mother's Day!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild