Monday, May 24, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Farm

James' regular preschool is winding down for the school year. The teacher sent home pictures and art projects today. More than usual, because next year James starts Kindergarten and she will be at a new campus. Oh, don't get me started. I am trying to remain calm.

One of the projects caught my eye. What a great way to learn about farm animals, while practicing colouring and cutting with scissors!

I put this up in his bedroom and he immediately started paying with the doors. I'll bet there are some other themes that can use this technique -- a circus, perhaps?

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.

Special Needs Blog Photobucket

  

4 comments:

KDL said...

I like the chicken hiding in the barn. We made nativity scenes sort of like this in Sunday School this past Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a school or library but it might not be as fun as a circus.

Child Life said...

What an engaging project! My kiddos just love when they can open and close things :D Wonderful job, James! (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a smooth transition to James' new school)

Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild.com

danette said...

That is too cute, he did a great job!

Sounds like we will be braving the Kindergarten frontier together in the fall :).