Saturday, April 03, 2010

SOOC: Invisible Victories

James eating with a spoon

Looks simple, doesn't it? A kid eating ice cream. But it's really several victories.

  • James is sitting down in a chair at an outdoor restaurant and *staying seated*
  • James is using a spoon properly and on his own. This is huge. He used to not be able to grasp a spoon properly. Often times he'd lose control of his wrist, and the spoon and its contents would flop upside down.
  • He's trying something new. That's not ice cream, it's a Dole Whip, and he wants to eat the whole thing! Both my kids are picky eaters, and I love it when they discover something new to love to eat.
  • James is talking, telling me it's yummy

I see things differently since we started on this journey with James. I stop and look more. There is so much to see.

Slurping Life is on vacation this week. Happy Easter weekend wishes to you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Many victories in one, lovely moment.
Nana