Monday, March 15, 2010

Magic Marker Monday: Hand Out

James hand

This little project from Valentine's Day just keep on giving. I was stumped for an idea of personal (but not too overboard) cards that I could make with James for his teachers and aids. They do add up. So I settled on tracing his hand and cutting it out from coloured paper. James helped me fold another piece of paper and helped me position and tape it down (oh, how that guy loves tape!).

I added a little extra slit where the base of the thumb curves into the palm of the hand, and would then insert a cut-out heart, suitably decorate. I helped James write his name under a special message inside.

Well, the hand paper looks good in a reverse cutout, so I sent a few of those cards to family members. I've also used the original idea with a star and a triangle as well for a birthday or gift card. I like the simplicity and personality. I like that James helps and is a part of the process.

I have saved a few of the hand silhouettes because his hand will never be this small again. Scrapbook, here we come!

Visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs for more Magic Marker Monday.
Special Needs Blog
  

1 comment:

Lindy said...

What a great teamwork :) My favorite kinds of projects are the ones with lots of opportunities for kiddo involvement.

I'd forgotten how much fun tape can be for kids, thanks for the reminder :) Your collaborative project turned out beautifully!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN
http://inthelifeofachild.com