Saturday, February 13, 2010

SOOC Saturday: Signs of Spring

Spring daffs

When we first moved into this house six years ago, my mother gave me a lot of daffodil bulbs to plant in our new garden. My daughter, who was learning to walk, helped me to plant them. Every Spring they come back as another miracle. Despite the nearby and invasive cacti, potatoes, and now lavender.

The vase is an engagement present. There are rosemary sprigs in there as well. Rosemary is for remembrance.

I need a little inspiration and remembrance of the good things right now. Our family is going through a prickly, hurtful, dry, hard time. We need our little miracles to keep us going to another day.

The Slurping Life is stormbound. Visit Melody and check out SOOC Saturday/Sunday entries past & present!

SOOC Saturday

  

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how beautiful - what sentiment with each part of that picture! And I'm sure it's even more delightful in person.

Sorry for the difficult season - hope it's one of growing and learning and healing.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous image and I love your description about how everything came to be, right down to your daughter planting the bulbs with you....beautiful!

Hugs for your difficult time right now also.

Best,
Lisa

Floortime Lite Mama said...

that is a lovely picture
Hugs and hugs on the current tough times - they too shall pass and spring and healing will come soon I hope

natalie said...

Don't we all need a little remembrance? We're living in a time of prickly, hard times right now and see no end.

Love these flowers! I hope this week is restorative for you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! Nature does have a way of reminding us that miracles occur all around us.

Sorry you are going through a difficult time, sending hugs!