Saturday, February 20, 2010

SOOC Saturday: Dino Guy

James, Dino Guy

James woke me up early, yelling "Roar, Mommy! Roar! Roar! ROAR!!!!!!!" Because he was awake, and wanted to quote from his favourite book. Lucky that kid is cute. I turned on his light and let him read, explaining that it was too early to get up. Half an hour later, he actually came out of his room and hunted me down, explaining that "Is morning. Not early. NOT!"

Well, close enough to our regular morning time. I got up. I can't really complain, as this is the first time he's come out of his room in the morning on his own. Also, I like to reward good sentences. He's been full of them and I want them to keep coming.

James is getting much better about dressing himself and playing with others. He loves it when he can join in and be silly or jump around. Potty training progresses. Yesterday, for over an hour hour, he played quietly in his room while his sister made up exciting soap opera drama (and songs) with her dolls in her room. During this interlude, James got up by himself and used the bathroom, flushing the toilet and redressing himself each time.

He is more confident in his climbing and talking. He even asks for things in a dinosaur roar sometimes. Like this morning.

The Slurping Life dusts off and starts anew. Visit Melody and check out SOOC Saturday/Sunday entries past & present!

SOOC Saturday

  

13 comments:

Mominin said...

Great shot and post!

Anonymous said...

He is a handsome boy. I remember that book because it was a fave of my boys a few years ago.

YAY for the accomplishments. I truly understand the "bigness" of seemingly small successes.

Lisa said...

What great accomplishments he is making and I can only imagine how your heart is bursting with pride.

Sweet image and I love his smile!

Hugs.

Michelle Pixie said...

What a wonderful capture! He is a doll, I don't think I'd be able to resist his roars in the morning either. ;)

Floortime Lite Mama said...

marvelous marvelou marvelous
So thrilled to hear how well James is doing
Did not have the time to do a SOOC shot today but wanted to see darling James' picture

Anonymous said...

Great photo...what a handsome young man! Love the story of his accomplishments too. We too reward good sentences...speech has been so long coming, it is music to our ears :-) His early morning declaration reminds me of my daughter. If I tell her its too early to get up, she'll point out the window and tell me "sky blue!"

puna said...

You and the other bloggers in the community are such an inspiration to me.

The Household 6 Diva said...

I love that quote "Roar Mommy" that he woke you up with... all too familiar with sons! :)

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

shirley said...

Lovely post - great to see such positive progress.

Rachel said...

Such a fun boy! I can just see his sense of humor in his eyes.

Like Lisa - love his accomplishments! He's a keeper :)

Territory Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours!! James is great. We have a lot in common.

Hua said...

This is a great photo! I am new to your blog and I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com

Marie said...

Wow! Congratulations on the pottying!