Saturday, September 19, 2009

SOOC Saturday: Pushing Buttons

James, pushing buttons in the van
"What? You don't want me to push any buttons?"


James has been loving his new school-day routine of going to a mainstream daycare at a preschool 2 afternoons a week and their preschool session Friday mornings. He is talking more and having short, two-sentence discussions with us! He likes to play pretend games, and offers up spontaneous statements such as "I like red!"

The bad news for me is that he has given up his afternoon naps (except the day he has the mainstream preschool session with his SHAPE assistant) and he has put on the Sassy Pants Attitude. I am glad to see James progressing, even as I mourn the loss of a 3-hour break from the whirlwind that is James in the afternoons.

The attitude is really on the sweet side, as evidenced by the two-sentence conversations. Exhibit A, conversation regarding a game on his computer yesterday.

Me: "Hey, James -- you're four years old. Why don't you press button number four?"

James: "No! I want to press the one!"
(and he does, with a roguish grin, looking right at me)



"Well, what about this button?"
James finds another button he'd like to push


The Slurping Life is getting into Fall! Visit Melody and check out SOOC Saturday/Sunday entries past & present!

SOOC Saturday

  

13 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

LOL
I totally KWYM about the afternoon naps !!
His eyes are just so gorgeous!!!

robin said...

Look at his gorgeous green eyes! I am also missing my 4 year old's naps as well (but I insist he take one at least every other day or he'll turn into a grump bug!)

Unknown said...

Sweet! Beautiful eyes!

Lisa said...

That first photo....his beautiful eyes...WOW!!!

Congratulations on the conversations, why do childrens naps have to end. I love napping!

He is so very sweet!

Best,
Lisa

iMother2.0 said...

LOL! LOVE his look in the first shot, just begging to be challenged! :)
sorry about the nap stuff.

Jewelz said...

Kids and Buttons!
Drive ya mad....but ya gotta L♡VE 'em.
Nice captures

Thanks for Sharing
Cheers
Jewelz

A Lady Called Amy said...

My four year old is napping better the days he had pre-school. I am SO enjoying this!

Great pictures. He looks like an entertaining little fellow!

cjaxon said...

they always know just the right button to push ... to drive us insane :)

danette said...

LOL, I was going to comment on his eyes too, looks like I'm not alone :).

Love the conversation w/ him, how cute :)

Sande said...

What a great little man.

Don't fret too much. That power control thing seems to happen with all kids round that age. Seeing how far he can push your boundaries.

Anonymous said...

Wow he has some beautiful eyes! Sounds like it's a pretty exciting time around your part. :)

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy!

Rachel said...

Oy - my kiddo just boycotted a a nap today and it pretty much wrecked our schedule.

But don't you love the new conversations you have with him? He is darling!