Thursday, September 03, 2009

Croup and Cars

Wow, there's something I never thought I'd be talking about in one sentence! James came home last night not feeling well -- crying, hot, and a runny nose. Two hours after bedtime, he woke up crying hard with a barking cough & fever. We've had some really brassy hot days and more humidity than usual and I am guessing his system got so stressed that the germs walked right on in and set up Party Central.

We got an early appointment with his pediatrician this morning and the diagnosis was: croup in the throat. Luckily, no bonus gifts of fever (so far today), ear infection, or pneumonia (all three happened with the croup last Fall).

Well, preschool and mommy time are shot to heck -- why not take the family van in for some overdue maintenance? So we did. And my goodness, dealership waiting rooms have gone fancy. We had mini brownies, fresh, coffee, and limited internet access! We were at the car dealership for about as long as we were at the medical offices.

Because the internet computers were locked down in parental security mode, so I could not update James' blog while there. That would have been Incredibly Geeky Cool. And probably would have triggered an Internet Intervention, so I guess it's all good.

I did, however take a photo:
James with the croup, waiting at the car dealership for our van

No comments: