Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend Forecast: Cloudy, w/ Upset Tummy

James has had an exciting week. He loves being back at school with his teachers and friends. the different classroom puzzled him at first, but now I think he really likes having the familiar things in new configurations.

We are having problems with the bus. Again. The driver forgot to come to work and pick them up one afternoon and is just not seeming like a good match for special needs kids. We are trying to resolve this situation.

James was puzzled and a little anxious about going to the second preschool on Wednesday afternoon, but he recognized it from when Big Sister went there and knew some of the teachers there a bit. His regular teacher and SHAPE person were reassuring and I was able to melt away in less than half an hour. I heard that he played well with others and sat and listened to a longish story at story time.

On Wednesday, James topped off a very long afternoon with his last Music Together class. He sang along with every song and tried to beat time with his hands and instruments. He was having a ball! The teacher seemed disappointed that we were not re-enrolling. I'd love to, but all their classes happen when he is in school.

James came down sick yesterday afternoon. Poor guy! He's been resting, but I can tell that he's not feeling well. His temperature shoots up a couple of times a day and I've pulled him off milk. He's had water, popsickles, and some tortilla chips.

He asked for PB&J sandwich tonight so I made him one. He commented "Dat's a *brown*" while I spread the peanut butter and "Issa RED!" when I smoothed out the strawberry jam. He hovered over the counter, watching the ingredients being assembled and said "Is fo James!" He also counted the knife cuts that I made(3) and the slices of sandwich they made (4) -- all triangles, because he dislikes the crusts. Tonight James ate the entire sandwich and kept it down. I hope he feels better tomorrow.

No comments: